This course is for healthcare professionals who work with ADHD and neurodivergent individuals, as well as parents who want to know how exercise therapy can help with behavioural, executive decision making, cognitive outcomes mental health and proprioception.
Learn how to apply neuroadaptive exercise therapy protocols to different age groups from 6 years olds to adults using a unique, progressive and functional approach. This course is based on the movement methodology of The Movement & Running School, developed by Mike Antoniades.
The Movement School works with hundreds of neurodivergent children and adults every year. We apply the latest neuroplasticity findings and practical experience to the programme that have demonstrated significant improvements in behaviour, focus, social skills, motor skills, proprioceptive awareness and decision making.
It will look at the latest studies, evidence and methods of applying exercise-based solutions. The focus will be on learning exercise therapy methods and protocols, how to re-educate movement patterns without pain and how to stimulate and develop the proprioceptive system. Emphasis will be placed on learning the methods and exercises in a practical setting.
- Improve your assessment and exercise therapy plan
- Understand how to apply neuroadaptive exercise therapy
- Understand progression phases
- Understand the protocols for different age groups
- Clear exercise therapy protocols
- The methodology
- The latest studies on ADHD and Neurodivergent individuals
- The Neuroscience Evidence
- The lived Experience
- Case Studies – Children to Adults
- Working With children
- Working with Adults
- The proprioceptive System
- Body Control
- Gross motor Skills
Where to start and how to Progress
- The Movement Process
- Movement Re-education
- Phase One Foundation Movements
- Phase two – progression and feedback
- Phase three- Moderate Intensity
- Phase four- Higher intensity
- Case Studies and Video Evidence
CPD Completion Certificate
Course Handbook with Presentations & Research
Exercise Protocol Handbook
The Running School HQ, Twyford Avenue, Acton, London, W3 9QA
Da Vinci Health Clinic, Triq il- Kanonku, Triq Kan Karm Pirotta, Birkirkara BKR 1111, Malta